Monday, April 19, 2010

A Bear!

I wish I were a bear.
If you're a bear, you get to hibernate.
You do nothing but sleep for six months.
I could get used to that.
And another thing, before you hibernate you're supposed to eat yourself stupid.
That wouldn't bother me either.
If you're a mama bear everyone knows you mean business, you swat anyone who bothers your cubs.
If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too.
Your husband expects you to growl when you wake up.
He expects you to have hairy legs and excess body fat.
He likes it!!
I wish I were a bear!
--Author Unknown



Seriously, I feel like a bear lately! GRRRR! The claws come out a lot lately! Why? I have no idea. I don't know what my problem is. I'm restless. I get annoyed at stupid things! Some days I just want to yell at everyone. GRR! I guess it's just frustration that ... well, it's just frustration. I won't go into reasons. I feel bad because I snap at my husband when I don't understand something he's trying to ask or say. I snap at the baby when she's hanging on my legs - which I should cherish because someday when she's too old to do that anymore, I'll wish for those moments. Sometimes, I just want to cry about it all! I guess we all have these moments.
What do you do when you feel like that? When all of life's frustrations - one thing after another - come at you? What do you do?! Please leave a comment with any advice, ideas, etc. I feel I could use it right about now. GRRR!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

First I loved your post. Second I've been feeling the same way it's been frustrating not only to my family but to me too.
I got so occupied trying to help everyone else happy that I forgot about myself. I love being a wife & mother but I wasn't taking care of myself. If I wasn't able to take care of myself then how was I supposed to take care of my family. I've found the more I do for me (like card making or scrapbooking) helps me enjoy life and be calmer. I love my family and wont give them back but I have to refill my own personal bank account.
*I learned a lot when I went VTing. The sister helped me feel that I was important too.

Jonika said...

GET: "For All Eternity" by Dr. John L.Lund.
I got it on CD and listen to it in my car. it has really helped me. I love you Stacey!
don't worry...I'm praying for you. LOVE YOU MILLIONS!

Bluebird & Company said...

I hear ya!
I go through bear phases too. I think every woman (and man, even though they will refuse to admit it) goes through it every once in a while.
I like to read and watch inspiring things about women. Go to LDS.org and watch the CREATE video by Dieder F. Uchtdorf. Or read his latest book, the Remarkable Soul of a Woman.

I know that this will sound silly, but sometimes I talk to myself either in the mirror or in the shower. I know, weird huh. But it really does help! I just need to vocalize my thoughts and feelings, then I realize how silly I am and I can get on with life in a happy way.
It works for me!