Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yummy...sugar!!


I haven't posted an update for a while, I've been a little busy and I just wanted to post a quick update. I should be in bed, I'm tired!! I've started working at Deseret Industries in AF, back in the clothing processing. I either inspect the clothes that get donated (i.e. holes? stains? out of style? lol) or I hang up the ones that pass the inspection test. I really enjoy working there, I work with good people, it's a great place and I feel like it's a big service project. We have a devotional every morning, which really gets the day off to a good start, I love it.
So tomorrow, I have to go to another prenatal appt. and this time, they're having me take a glucose test! Hence, the subject line - yummy...sugar! I have to drink this sugary drink within a 1o minute time period and then be at the doctors 45 minutes later so they can test my blood. Everyone I've talked to about this portion of my pregnancy exams say, "it's really sweet!! Like pure sugar!" and one girl at work said, "It makes you kind of....loopy, be careful driving to the doctors!" hehehe. Fun huh!
I can't believe it's getting so close now to having my own little baby girl around, I'm so excited! It's funny, when I am sitting in church and I have my arm resting across my belly, she'll start kicking and kicking at it. Last week, I watched my arm move up and down, I almost laughed out loud, it was so dang cute!! She's probably in there going, "Would you move?! I need some space!" I have news for her - it's going to get a lot more cramped in there before long. She does a lot of moving and it's sure fun! I love it! I feel like I'm getting a little anxious for her to come out though. But soon enough. Anyway...I think that's all for now. I'm 27 weeks today! Goodnight everyone! Love ya all! Stacey

3 comments:

Tammie said...

That was my favorite part about pregnancy, feeling the baby move!!

Trisha said...

How did your glucose test go? That's great you really like your job. It can make all the difference don't ya think?...

Take care!

Sami Carter said...

How'd your test go. I have mine tomarrow. I'm a little behind with my appointments. Its so funny that we are doing all the things at the same time! So fun! So how are you feeling? Lately I've felt so so so tired. I have to get my daily pick up of caffine if I want to get anything done. My poor baby is going to be addicted to Dr.Pepper when he is born. Hope you are well!